The Global Notification Emails allows farmerswife to send out emails to alert Users, Contacts and manually added email addresses when certain changes are made in the system that they need to be aware of. These changes could be for example when a Booking Status changes, a Project is closed or a Media Order is assigned to a User.
Settings can be configured by an Advanced User with Toolbox Settings access. To enable this functionality, follow these steps:
1. Follow the steps in Email and Notification Pre-requisites articles.
2. Enter the Toolbox > Settings > Notifications > and configure:
2.1 The Global Notification Defaults settings: Here you can define the default settings that will automatically apply to all Users in the system, and to new Projects (to apply to existing Projects, see further down):
• In the Contacts pane, use the green plus icon to Select Contact Or Insert Email Address to be added to the default list of people who will be notified on all Projects. Tick the check-box next to the Contact to enable or disable it. Use the Bin icon to remove a Contact.
• In the Email On Event pane, select what will trigger the notification to those contacts:
- On Booking Global Status Change: This notification will be triggered when the Status of a Booking in the Project changes.
- On Booking Time Report Change: This notification will be triggered when a Time Report in the Project is filled in.
- On Media Order Status Changes: This notification will be triggered when the Status of aMedia Order changes.
- On Media Order Job Status Change: This notification will be triggered when the Status of a Media Order Job changes.
- On Project Closing: This notification will be triggered when the Project is deactivated.
- On Booking Declined By A User (Also Nofifies Owner): This notification will be triggered when the Status of an Involved User changes from Pending User’s Approval to Declined (byUser). If the Web Profile setting User Must Accept Or Decline New Booking (in Web Profile >Events > Objects > His Own Object) is set and the User is added to a Booking that he then declines, the Person who is added to the Notification list and/or the Booking Creator (Owner )will receive a Notification Email once the User has declined. If various Users have declined the same Booking, one Email per Booking is sent out. Refer to the User Approval articles for more details.
• At the bottom of the window, the setting When A Media Order Is Assigned To A User is outside of the Email On Event pane because it applies to the Users that gets a Media Order assigned to them, even if they are not listed in the Contacts pane.
2.2 The following two settings are configured per User:
• Always Add Me To Notification List When I Create A New Project: When enabled, the Project owner (User who created the Project) will always receive these notifications.
• Send Notifications To Me When Requests Are Created Or Modified: This option is only available if the User has the Receive Requests User Permission enabled (Object Manager > Advanced User > Modify User window > Permission Profile > Edit). Users that are connected to the farmerswife Client application will not receive the notification via email.