- Never Select / Book Weekends Or Holidays: When ticked, it will not be possible to create Bookings over the weekend or on a bank holiday because these days cannot be selected. In the Hourline Timeline these days are hidden if selecting e.g. two weeks, but can be shown by clicking on the little yellow triangle.
- Auto Refresh Timeline When Server States Changes: Will take the manual refresh button away from the farmerswife Client application at the bottom left hand side, below the Hourline Display View.
- Ask For Modifying Booking Times When Checking In: Is related with the check-in and check–out of Objects of the Legacy Tracker module (manually or swiped with barcode reader). farmerswife will ask if the original booked end-time of the Object should be changed to the time the Object is being returned back, so if returned before the original booked time, it can be considered as available and be immediately used again.
- Use Sounds: Enables the sound functionality of the farmerswife Client application (like the to-do jingle or the check-in and -out noise when scanning Objects or Tapes).
- Mouse Over Bookings (Hourline And All Trees): Enables the yellow pop ups with the information or description of the functionality, buttons, icons and Booking info.
This setting has to be checked in combination with the settings in the Toolbox > Settings tab > Projects Tree and ObjectsTree (Mouse Over Bookings).
- Run Contact Script Default Value: If there is a script for Contacts and this setting is ticked, each time Contact is modified the script will auto executed.
- Time Precision 15 Min.: Gives the possibility to book and time-report with a precision of 15minutes. If disabled the time precision will be 30 minutes.
- Prefer Typing Time Over Selecting From List: If enabled will show entry fields in the various time dialogs instead of selectors.
- Reload Objects, Personnel And Hourline Views At Login: If enabled, this will cause the mentioned Views to be reloaded at login. This is very helpful for refreshing purposes of"shared" or "slaved" views. Especially in conjunction with the Option > New Grouping FromClass / Category in Hourline Menu the 'refresh' will ensure new added member to Classes or Categories will be auto-loaded in the view on login, thus it's not necessary any longer to notify Users to add a new User or Room to a View.
- Show Display Settings in 'Toolbox > Projects' And 'Projects' Search: It refers to the Display options in drop-down menus of the Projects in Toolbox and of the Advanced Project Search in the top Navigation bar. If ticked, all options are shown, if un-ticked the options will not show.
Project Tree Popup / List Functions /Booking Type Popup
- Show Only Active Projects: Will list in the Project Tree menu only the Projects with ActiveStatus.
- Show Only My Projects: Will list in the Project Tree menu only the Projects that have been created or modified by the (logged in) User.
- Display Number / Name: Enabled it will display "Project Number / Project Name" instead of the default "Name (Number)" in the Project tree.
- Projects: Projects will always be displayed expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long Form Timeline.
- Binders: Binders will always be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long Form Timeline.
- Frameworks: Frameworks will be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long FormTimeline.
- Sub Binders: Binders within Binders will always be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long Form Timeline.
- Bookings: Bookings will always be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long FormTimeline.
- Groupings: Groupings (like a camera kit) will always be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long Form Timeline. The involved Objects will be displayed on the Booking in the Hourline.
- Short Bookings: Bookings coming from the farmerswife Classic version will always be expanded in the Project Tree and in the Long Form Timeline.
- Objects: When an Object has an Accessory, it will always be expanded in the Long Form Timeline.
- View Groupings (Hourline): Groupings will be expanded in the Display List of the Hourline.
- Object Sub Groupings (Hourline): Object Sub Groupings will be expanded in the Display List of the Hourline.
- Delete: A pop up window will notify the User that he is going to delete an Object or a Booking and will ask to confirm this action.
- Replace: A pop up window will notify the User that he is going to replace an Object within a Booking and will ask to confirm this action.
- Move: A pop up window will notify the User that he is going to mov
- Re-Timing: A pop up window will notify the User that he is going to change the day or time of an Object or a Booking and will ask to confirm this action.
- Binder Children: Will notify the User with a pop up window that the action will affect the children (=Sub Binders and Bookings) and will ask whether to take them into consideration.
- Object Note: Displays the Confirm Note as a pop up when booking an Object.
- Conflicts: Will activate the Conflict warning dialogue showing information about the Conflict of the involved Objects. When clicking on Inspect, only the Objects with the Conflicts will be displayed in the Hourline. To go back to the normal view, click on the little yellow triangle next to the Hourline icon.
- Class/ External Quantity: Will ask with a pop up window (Type Quantity) how many Objects of that particular Class should be booked, when creating a Booking in the Long Form by Object Classes.
- Template Auto Find Objects: A pop up window will ask whether to Auto Replace Objects With Available Objects if the Objects that belong to the selected Booking Template are already booked.
- Center Dialogues To Mouse Position: Lines up the dialogue pop ups with the position of the mouse. If not selected the dialogues will be displayed in the center of the farmerswife application window.
- Copy Settings From Another User: Allows to copy all the configured settings from the Toolbox of another User. The Users' own saved Display List Views from the Hourline, Object Tree, Personnel Tree and Class Availability will be lost and replaced by the ones from the copied User.
- Maximum Hits When searching: The possibility to set a maximum amount of search results when doing searches in the Toolbox, Advanced Project Search, Advanced Contact Search,Object Manager / Server Setup, Object Browser, Library Search, Dispatch Search.
The personal settings of the User will be overwritten each time when logging in, if the Force Maximum Search Hits When Login setting is enabled and set to a specific amount of hits in the General tab of the farmerswife Server.
- Swap Hourline / Long Form Arrow Key Navigation: Select one of the two options:
- Alt Key Controls Long Form
- Alt Key Controls Hourline
With this option, the keyboard arrow keys can be used to navigate through the days in the Hourline or be swapped to be used with the Long Form. For one of the timelines it is possible to use the keyboard arrow keys, and for the other timeline the arrow keys + the "Alt" key to trigger the navigation.
>> Note: If in Long From > View Port > the display is set to a full month by pressing the arrow key sit will navigate month to month.
If a specific time range has been selected it will navigate per this selected range.
If in Long From > View Port > the display is set to a full month by pressing the arrow keys it will navigate month to month. If a specific time range has been selected it will navigate per this selected range.
- Set Default Booking Time: Possibility to set up a predefined time when creating a Custom Shift and/or a Virtual Booking.
- Set Auto Logout Time: Set a time after which the User will be automatically logged out of the farmerswife Client application if not using it.
- Toolbox Menu’s: Hide menus of the Toolbox in case they are not necessary.
- Hotkeys Editor: Possibility to personalize a Hotkey command to open quickly Display Views, and certain main windows and modules of farmerswife.
- Import: Possibility to import predefined Toolbox Settings via a WUS file (exported by anotherUser/ Server). See more info below, WIFE User Settings.
- Export: Possibility to export predefined Toolbox Settings via a WUS file. See more info below, WIFE User Settings.
- Modify Password: The Advanced User can change here his/her personal farmerswife application log in password.
WIFE User Settings
The WIFE User Settings are a bundle of individual settings that can be set up through the Toolbox, i.e. personal view settings, booking defaults etc.
Once set up, they can be exported and/or imported to or from a WIFE Client installation to another. For example a general settings configuration file for Admins and one for Basic Users can be setup, exported, sent and imported by other Users.
- Export WIFE User Settings
The WIFE User Settings will be exported as a file with the format .wus. To export it go to theToolbox, click on Settings (A), select Miscellaneous (B) and click on Export (C). A window will pop up and give you the possibility to choose the place where the .wus file will be saved.
- Import WIFE User Settings
To import WIFE User Settings go to the Toolbox, click on Settings (A), select Miscellaneous (B)and click on Import (C). Select the .wus file you want to import from the window that pops up. The imported WIFE User Settings will replace the current one`s, so they will be lost. There is no undo! And the User will be logged out and will have to log in again. Please be aware that when importing WIFE User Settings some settings are not copied and have to be set up manually per individual User. The following list shows the settings that need to be adjusted manually:
Global Statuses are not copied (if not in the same server/database)
Name/Customs are not copied
Names/Customs not copied
Toolbox / Settings /Miscellaneous
· “Set Auto Logout Time”
· “Maximum Hits When Searching”
· “Modify Password”
Toolbox / Settings / Server Setup
Not Copied as these are general settings that require special permission
Views not copied
- Copy Settings From Another User
Another way to use a predefined bundle of WIFE settings is the “Copy Settings From AnotherUser” feature in Toolbox > Settings > Miscellaneous > Other. Unlike the Import WIFE UserSettings feature it will also copy the Hourline Views from another users but not the Media Library Search Field Views.
WUS / Force Settings From File
Copy Settings From Another User
Settings from Toolbox > Settings (exceptServer related Settings)
Advanced Contact Search Field Views
The Media Library and Advanced Project Search “Search Fields” are saved globally, thus already shared among all Users.
- Force Settings From
File In the Advanced User Permission Profile one can ‘Force Settings From File’ by importing aWUS`s file. This way an administrator can force a predefined bundle of WIFE settings upon auser / profile.
This Setting is only possible to configure from Server > Setup > Users tab > open User Profile.Using this option will also make the ‘Settings’ tab disappear in the Toolbox of that User.
- Force Hourline Views From User
Use the "Force Hourline Views From User" to force Hourline Views upon a user / profile. This means that User will not be able to setup and configure his own views through WIFE Client >Hourline icon. Instead the ‘Options’ will disappear from this User’s Hourline Menu.