As of version 6.5 it is now possible to open a project that is in Use by another User.
When a User opens a Project that is already in use by another User, there will be a pop up with the following information "Project Is Locked By ... Choose Open To Open In Read-Only Mode. If you open, close and reopen again while the first User is still using the Project the same pop up will be shown.
In Read-Only mode you cannot:
- Change any of the standard fields in the top left corner of the Project Window
- Change any of the Custom fields
- Modify budget
- Add Extras (Services, Material, Expenses and Objects) directly from the Project Window
- Change rates of Extras that have been added directly to the project within the Project window
- Change View settings
- Change Project Status
- Select another custom template > menu icon for templates is hidden
- Do various types of actions from the Eye menu as many items are hidden
- Create Media Orders, Virtual Bookings, Work Orders
- Change the Rate on a financial line in a Booking, on both booked Objects and Extras
- Edit a Booking > click on clock icon and select Edit Booking
- Enter Budget window to view only