The Objects Tree gives an overview of when Objects are booked or available in the selected time frame. Objects to be viewed and managed are placed in the Objects Tree on the left hand side. To the left of the Object icon there is a small expand button, click to display the Projects that the Object has been Booked on. The Project is displayed with Container Name / Project Name and Number / Client Company Name. Double click on the Project name to access the Edit Project window.
In the calendar the coloured boxes represent Bookings and when empty it means the Object is available to be Booked. In the below image the Bookings show the Project colour and Project names. The numbers to the right of each Object name displays the total number of hours booked and the number of days booked in the period of time selected in the View Port. When the Object has been expanded to show the Projects the number of hours booked per week is displayed.
* Breaks are subtracted from this number if within the booked time.
These are all example of Toolbox settings that can be applied to determine what to view. Please see the Toolbox manual for a full explanation of all possible settings.
- Saving Object Views and Related Options
- Personnel Type Bookings in Object Tree
- Booking Operations in Object Tree
- Objects Menu
1. Saving Object View and Related Options
Objects can be added to the view by:
- Drag and drop from the Toolbox > Objects and Objects Class Tab - Search feature
- Objects Tree Menu options
Drag and Drop
Select one or multiple Objects in the Toolbox > Objects tab. Drag and hover the cursor over "Objects" until the name highlights in green, then drop. When selecting multiple Objects, click and keep the click down or press shift to not lose the selection when dragging. It is also possible to drag Object Classes to the tree, from Toolbox > Object Class tab. farmerswife will ask if the Objects of the class should be added or the class itself.
To add more items to the view while keeping the ones that have already been added drag an object and hover the cursor over the name of an Object and drop above or below according to the direction of the blue arrow. A second option is to enable a the Toolbox setting Add Object To The List. When this setting is enabled it is possible to add additional Objects by hovering over the Objects Tree name until it highlights in green, then drop.
Click on the search icon > the Object Browser will open up. Search for the Object in the search field. Select it and it will be added to the list of Objects.
Objects Tree menu
Click on the Objects Tree icon to display the Menu. In the bottom there are three options to load the Objects tree.
- Load From Classes: To add all members of an Object Class to the View.
- Load From Groups: To add all Objects of a Group to the View.
- Load From Categories: To add all Objects from a Category to the View.
When Objects have been added to the Tree they can be saved as a named view. All saved views will appear at the top of the Object Tree menu. When selecting one of the saved views the Objects of the saved view will be loaded to the Objects Tree.
It is also possible to load the saved Hourline Views to the Objects Tree. The saved Hourline views are displayed in the second part of the Objects Tree menu.
Access the Options field on your menu and you will be able to:
- Save Selection: You will need to give the view a name and it will be saved. It will save the Objects that are currently displayed in the Objects tree.
- Remove Saved Selection (): Click here to delete a Saved Selection.
- Copy From Another User: Add another user's view to your own list of saved views.
Other Options related to the View:
- Sort Objects: This option will sort the Objects order of appearance alphabetically.
- Clear View: This will clear all Objects from the view.
* It will not delete any Objects or any Saved Selections.
- Expand / Collapse All: Expands or collapses all Objects in the view.
- Always Sort Objects By Their Current Dispatched Division: related to the EMT and Divisions module.
- Off: No filter applies; all selected Objects are shown.
- With Bookings: Only shows Objects from the selection that have Bookings in the selected time range.
- Without Bookings: Only Shows Objects from the selection that do not have Bookings in the selected time range.
- Prel. Due to Object Permissions: If Object Permissions are enabled, the list will only show Objects that have Bookings in a Preliminary Status due to Object Permissions.
2. Personnel Type Bookings in Objects Tree.
It is also possible to view Personnel Type Bookings such as Vacation and Sick in the Objects Tree. To view them go to Toolbox > Settings > Objects Tree and tick the box for Rosters. The main view for Personnel Type Bookings is in the Personnel Tree.
3. Booking Operations in Objects Tree
There are many different Booking Operations you can do in the Objects Tree, some of the most interesting ones are:
- Adding/ Erasing days into a Booking
- Copy a multi-day Booking
- Allocate Object Even if it's not available
- Accept/ Decline Booking Proposal
- Multiselect bookings and changing the status
4. Objects Menu
Click on the individual Object icon to display the Object Menu:
- Solo View: To only view this Object in the Objects Tree view.
- Remove From View: To remove this Object from the Objects Tree view.
- Set: Will create a Maintenance Booking starting at that moment in time and with no end date.
- Release: Will release the Maintenance Booking from that moment in time.
- New: Creates a new Maintenance Booking for that Object where the In and Out time is set Manually. If a Time Range is highlighted farmerswife will offer these dates for the Maintenance Booking with the dialogue Use Time Range, Select Yes to use highlighted dates, select No to use today’s date.
* Maintenance Bookings are only available for Objects, they cannot be made on Groups, Time Units, Users or Resources.Maintenance > Report - To Create a Maintenance Report for this Object.
- User Report: This option will only appear on the list if the selected Object is a User. To create a User Report only for this User.
- Object Report: To create an Object Report only for this Object.
- Object Report (Multiple Objects): To open the Object Selector to allow the selection of multiple Objects for the Object Report.
- Monthly Utilization Budget
- Object Report (Multiple Objects)
First highlight a time range in the Long Form calendar for the report. Then click on the Object Tree icon to open the menu and select Reports > Object Report (Multiple Objects).If a time range different from the displayed in the Long Form calendar is highlighted, a dialog will ask Do You Want To Select The Middle Month?Select NO for keeping only the highlighted days. Select YES to select the whole month displayed in the Long Form calendar.Next, the Object selector opens to choose Objects for the Report. Either make the selection by clicking on the required Objects or click on the button Select Objects In Tree to select only the Objects currently displayed in the Objects Tree view. Click OK to generate the Report.
- Month schedule
- Month Schedule Project Booking Hours:
This report will show us the booked hours for the whole month of the Objects that we are seeing at that moment on the Objects Tree:
- Financial Report On Objects
For further details, refer to the Print Designer manual.