The Price Agreements option allows representing different agreements regarding fixed prices inside the Budget on a 'per line item' basis.
Price Agreements work by affecting the rates and discount of the lines they contain.
To add a new one, click on the green plus icon next to "(No Price Agreements)" in the Budget header.
Enter the Name, amount of the Fixed Price, a Note and a Color.
New Price Agreement
By flagging a Price Agreement as Default, any Budget Detail added after that will automatically be made part of this Price Agreement.
Default Price Agreement
Once done, you can start selecting which Budget Details will be affected by this Price Agreement. You can do it line by line or selecting multiple lines, right clicking and selecting Budget Details > Part Of "Price Agreement Name":
Apply Price Agreement
In the Budget header, the Price Agreement will display the amount connected to initial rates of each line that is part of the agreement vs the fixed price of this Price Agreement.The Price Agreement column will now display the name of the Price Agreement affecting that line and also an arrow with some options. See the View Options further down for details on how to hide and show columns.
Budget Details affected by Price Agreement
These are the options when clicking on the arrow:
Price Agreement options
- No Price Agreement: Select this option to remove that line from this Price Agreement.
- Part of "Price Agreement Name": All Price Agreements created for this Budget will be listed
below "No Price Agreement", allowing you to select a different one if necessary.
- Discountable: By default, a line added to a Price Agreement is discountable meaning that it is affected by the agreed fixed price.
- Non-Discountable: If e.g. you do not want to discount any of your personnel involved in the work, but you still show that they are part of this work.
Options in arrow next to Price Agreement in Budget header:
Copy & Paste, and Forward To 'To Invoice / Invoiced' View options
- Copy/Paste: Price Agreements can be copied to be used in other Budgets in other Projects.
- Forward to "To Invoice/Invoiced" View: This option will only be available if your invoice view (typically called "To Invoice/Invoiced") is pointing to Actuals, instead of Active Budget. Pressing this option will cause the Price Agreements to be copied to the invoice view in the Project window. When Actuals get attached to their Budget Detail, they also get added to the price agreement in the invoice view - a message pops up notifying about this. The Forecast and To Date Sell columns will not reflect the change.
For more details on how the algorithm behind a Price Agreement works and how Price Agreements are applied in the Edit Project window, please take a look at the Price Agreements manual.