In the Hourline you can create, save and share views with other users. This can be very helpful to organise and structure your team.
The best and more visual way to organise your objects in the Hourline is to use Groupings. Groupings can expand and collapse to improve your overview, depending on the information that you wish to see.
To access the Hourline menu you need to click on the clock icon:
- In this top section you will find all the views that are shared (no matter who is the owner you or one of your colleagues).
- The second section will be where you can find the views that you have created only for yourself.
- Options. Here is where you can set up and save your views:
Create a new view by first using the Clear View option and then add your Groupings and Objects.
- Clear View: Removes all Objects from the view to start with an empty view.
- New Grouping: Here is where you add a new grouping. There is no limitation on the number of groupings you add. Enter a name and choose an icon for the Grouping:
Next you need to drag and drop Objects to your view directly from the Toolbox > Objects.
These Groupings need to be updated manually. You can change the order and add more objects to the Grouping with drag & drop.
- New Grouping from Class/ Category: Create a grouping from the objects inside of a class or a category. They'll be added in alphabetic order and you won't be able to change the order. When adding a new object to the class/category it auto-appears in this grouping.
Once you're done with the view you need to save it!
To change the order of the Groupings in the view or edit the created Groupings click on the Grouping icon to retrieve its context menu and access the following options:
- Save Selection (name): Save/ Update the current view.
* You can see the information of who created the view and who has modified it last, also you can select if you want to share it.
To be able to share views you need to be sure you have the right User Permissions.
- Save Selection As: Choose a name for the current view.
- Remove Saved Selection (name): It will delete the current view.
- Edit: Change the name or the icon of the Grouping
- Move up: Move a Grouping above another one
- Move Down: Move a Grouping beneath another one
- Remove: Delete a Grouping (and all Objects inside)
To sort the Groupings and Objects alphabetically click on the Hourline icon > Options > Sort Objects.
Lastly the size of each Object’s timeline can be adjusted by toggling between Big and Small size. Click on Hourline icon > Options > Toggle Big/ Small.
- Use Hourline View from Another User: Click here to access all views from another User even the ones that are not shared.
- Hourline View Mode: We can choose if we want to see only what has been Booked, only what has been Used (from time report, booked only will not show!) or both (Used/Booked - will update booking length to time reported duration).
- Load From...: Use this option if we want to see all the Object from a Class, Category or group without using a view.
- Days Charts: Export to a CSV the Hourline information. You can choose what information do you want to export by creating a New Type and adding elements to it.
- Open WebCal Index: Here you can view events with a third-party calendar application such as iCal or Google Calendar.
- Create reports for your views:
- Day Plan: The select view schedule for the day.
- Month Schedule: The select view schedule for the month.