"Storage" in this sense is just a term used for this functionality and requires to use the Media Library in the specific "Film material archive and storage" way as described below.
In the Media Library, from the search hit results list, select multiple-select the Media you want to invoice for and from the drop-down menu select to "Generate Invoice For Archive Material".
This generates 1 Unreferenced Invoice in the Invoice Creator for each "Client" as set on a Media > Client field.
Each Invoice contains 2 pre-configured "Services".
- 1 line per "Title", and at the bottom 1 line with the total quantity of "Cans" used for all those "Titles. Media with the same "Name" are considered to be 1 "Title".
- And each Media goes into 1 "Can".
The invoice also shows some details of the "invoiced" Media: the "Title" names and the quantity of "Cans" each of the "titles" is stored in.
The "Sell" rate information comes from the two "Service" Objects, as described below.
Only users with Permission to use the Invoice Module are able to see and use this new menu option in the Media Library.
How to setup:
Login with an Advanced "admin" User, who has "admin" Permission access to ...
- to create Objects within the Object Manager,
- to the Invoice Module
- to the Media Library
1) fw Client > Object Manager > New In > Services ...
=> create two new Services; one called "Cans" and the other called "Title".
2) Then go to: fw Client > Toolbox > Server Setup > Financial > Media Storage Invoicing Services > and here select the previously created "Cans" and "Title" Service Objects. Set here the Sell rates per each of these Services as per your agreement with your customers, for storing their archive "Film" material.
3) Then in fw Client > Media Library > context menu > Edit View > move from the left "Hide" pane the "Media / Storage" item to the "Show" pane on the right side.
4) Then use the Media Library > Search > select the Media > use the context menu > "Generate Storage Invoices For Selected Media".
This now creates creates the new "Storage Invoices" within the Invoice Creator.
These are charged per Client: "So Many Titles" (per unique Media title) and "So Many Cans per Media" (requires above step "2)" to be correctly implemented).
The Invoice "Note" field on each line will detail how many "Cans" are used for that particular "Title".
Once a "Storage Invoice" has been created for a Media, you can access this "Storage invoice" from the Edit Media window > context menu in top left corner > Storage Invoice > "Year" info.
A "Storage Invoice as CSV" (it is hard coded to be "comma separated") file was also implemented.
In order to get access to this "CSV" report per each Storage Invoice, you need to go to:
fw Server > Server Setup > Financial tab > Invoice Customs > click on green plus icon > and create a new Invoice Custom Field with at least this configuration:
=> Type: Files Widget
=> Label: CSV
=> Multiple Files: No
=> Allowed Extensions: ... keep this field empty, do not add anything here.
Once this "CSV" Invoice Custom field exists, the CSV report file will automatically be uploaded to this field and called "Storage Invoice YYYY" and it contains two columns "Title" and will display the amount of "Cans".