You can upload files to accompany entries. This is done by the Edit Entry Window.
File Transfer Manager window columns
- File Name: File name as it is uploaded. This name can be modified by clicking on it, re-typing a name and hitting Enter to save the change.
- Size: The file size.
- Client and Contact Access: Check the box next to each file if it can be viewed by the Client or Contact through the Legacy Web Client (if licensed).
- Created: The date and time when the file was uploaded.
- Modified: The date and time when the file was last modified.
- Accessed: The date and time when the file was last accessed.
Icon options to the left of the File Transfer Manager window
- Go Back: If folders are created, this icon allows going back to the root.
- New Folder: Folders can be created to organise files.
- Upload: To add clips and/or upload files to an Entry, click on the Upload icon.
- Download: To download a file, select it and click on the Download icon.
- By right clicking on an uploaded file or through the menu icon next to an uploaded file:
- Download: To download a file, select it and click on the Download option.
- Upload: To upload a file.
- Upload Directory: To upload a directory.
- Cut, Copy & Paste: To cut, copy and paste files, for example to move them to folders that have been created to organize files.
- Delete: To delete a file or a folder.
- Filter In History: To find modifications for a specific file select this filter. All the related History will be listed under the History Log window and a button to Remove Filter will also show.
- Calculate Directory Sizes: Select this option to calculate the size of a folder containing files. The size will appear in the Size column.
Set a Thumbnail on Proxies uploaded to Media Entries
To set a selected frame as a proxy for a clip, click on the Thumbnail window, select the desired frame, click on the menu icon, or right-click on the clip as it is playing, and select the option Set This Frame As Thumbnail.
- Save As: This option allows saving the clip in a different format.
- Save Picture As: To save the thumbnail in .JPEG or .BMP or other formats.
- Export: This option allows exporting the clip - this is the same as the Download option.
- Add To Basket: This option allows the addition of the Media Entry to a Basket.
Files uploaded to Entries are saved within the following farmerswife Server folder structure: '...Farmers WIFE Serverfileslibraries(Library folder name)(Media folder name)Entry folder name)'
Files can be uploaded, downloaded, modified, deleted from here or from the farmerswife Media Library Module. And these are the related configurations:
Check Folders On StartupIf enabled the system will check the folders/files in the file structure of the Media Libraries to verify that the directory structure matches the Media Library Entries, moving any unreferenced folder to the ‘files lost and found’ directory.
Supported on Windows OS and Mac OS X.
Always Make Folders / Allow Empty FoldersIf enabled, farmerswife will create the corresponding folder in the file structure every time a new Entry is added to a Media.
Use Strict Ascii In Folder NameEnable this function if the default ASCII characters are to be used in folder names.
Web ProxyFeature under development – please contact the Support Team for more information.
Web Proxy ListThe Web Proxy list decides which Media Entry file formats can be viewed through the Legacy Web Client. Click on the Add New icon to specify the Web Proxy formats. To set a default Web Proxy, click on the D (default) on the right: the default Web Proxy will appear in green.
Media folder name
Use Only Number In Folder NameEnable this function if only the number is to be used in Media folder names.
Padding In Number To Folder NameDefine the padding to be used to standardize the Media folder name. For example 'Yes:5': 00001
Entry folder name
Entry Folder NameSelect one of the three options to define how to display Entry folders names: Start Timecode – Title; Start Timecode; or Title.
Set Entry Title LengthThe default limit is set to 80 to ensure folder path length integrity on Windows OS.
Entry Title Max. Length 80 CharactersIf the setting above is set to 80, choose one of these two options:
- Limit Length To 80 (default): When the Media Entry Title is longer than 80 characters, a pop-up warns that the Entry Title will be reduced to 80 characters (this warning only pops up once per entry and session).
- Only Warn If Longer: When the Media Entry Title is longer than 80 characters, a warning pops up allowing the user to decide to reduce the length to 80 characters, or to keep the length.