We recommend using this printer as we verified that it's the most stable to use with your farmerswife server.
The Ghostscript software and the Multi File Port Monitor that are needed are open source, so there is no cost in using it.
gs921w32.exedownloaded from https://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html
mfilemon-setup.exedownloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mfilemon/
Note: If you download a ghostscript version later than 9.21 that's fine - but you need to know what version it is to be able to set up mfilemon properly.
- Install ghostscript - Running as Administrator, install ghostscript by running the exe. This creates folder whose name incorporates the version number, e.g. C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.27
- Install mfilemon - Run the mfilemon-setup.exe installer.
- From the Control Panel, open the Devices and Printers window and click Add a printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radiobutton and click [ Next ]:
- Select the Create a new port radio button and choose Multi File Port Monitor from the drop down. Click [ Next ]:
- A small dialog will appear asking you to give a name to the new instance of the Multi File Port Monitor. Give the new port the name MFP1: and dismiss the dialog with [ OK ]:
- The larger MFILEMON port configuration dialog will appear, and all its fields will be blank. Fill the fields using this screenshot as a guide:
Output path should be an existing writable folder- we use
file%i.pdf- the created pdfs will have names file0001.pdf, file0002.pdf, etc.
"C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.27\bin\gswin64c.exe" -dBATCH -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dAutoRotatePages=/PageByPage -r600 -sOutputFile="%f" -Note how the version number 9.27 appears in the executable file path. Note also that the command ends with an important trailing hyphen.
Use pipe leave it checked.
Leave the other fields at their default settings.
Click [ OK ]
- The Add Printer dialog will reappear again. Click [ Have Disk... ]
- The Install From Disk dialog appears - Click [ Browse ], navigate to C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.27\lib and select ghostpdf.inf
Note: Earlier versions of the ghostscript driver were not accompanied by a signed cat file, so the Add Printer wizard would warn that the driver was unsigned. This problem is fixed at ghostscript 9.21 and later.
- You should be able to click through all the other panels in the Add Printer Wizard.
- Try a printer Test Page and then check to see that a pdf file has been created in your designated folder.