To add a new User go to the Object Manager. You need Permission to add new Users to the Object Manager.
Choose a Username for login. This name is also displayed throughout the system to denote the person. A password must be set (this can be changed in the future). Click on the Icon to select a personalized Icon.
If the User has a Rate that should be charged/ paid for add them to the hour/ day rates, or tick the box “Inherit Rates and Activities From Object Class”.
And very important define if it is an Advanced or a Web User, through the field User License Type.
To set the User Permissions click on the drop down icon to the right of the Permission Profile and then select Edit or choose a predefined profile from the list.
To set up new Objects go to the Object Manager tab, and find the menu placed on the top left corner. Click on "New in" and select the type of Object that you want to add. A new window will open and display a set of fields/information to fill in that varies depending on the Object Type.
Most common fields of all types are:
- Give the Object a Name, add a default Sell rate and define if the rate is per Hour or Day.
- Note: The information added here can be printed.
- Confirm Note: This information will pop up each time that we book the Object.
- Custom Fields can be created to capture any additional information e.g. Purchase Date, Insurance Details, Upload Contracts etc.
To quickly add similar Objects copy the Object by highlighting it in the Object Manger (it becomes yellow), right mouse > copy. The copied Object will be displayed below the original, open it to modify the information details.
With an Object selected (highlighted in yellow) we can access further options by clicking on the drop down menu icon (or right mouse clicking):
- Show Options In A List: Selecting this option will open a new window and you can type the action you want to perform, then press Return/Enter to search and select.
- New In: Select in which Category/ Type to create the new item; the Add New window will open to configure all details for the new item.
- Dispatch Status: Only available if EMT (Equipment Management and Tracking Module) is licensed. Please refer to the EMT Manual for further information.
- New Check In From Selected: Only available if EMT is licensed. Please refer to the EMT Manual for further information.
- New Check Out From Selected: Only available if EMT is licensed. Please refer to the EMT Manual for further information.
- Copy: Use this option to quickly 'duplicate' an item. The new Object will have the name of the copied Object with (Copy) in brackets. All details, such as Object Classes, Activities are copied. Only the Inventory Number won't be copied as it needs to be unique.
- Delete: Select one or more items and then select "Delete" to permanently delete these Objects from the database. A warning dialog will prompt for confirmation: Confirm Remove. A second warning will ask for Reconfirm Removal. Perform this operation with caution as there is no undo option available.
It is recommended to NOT delete Users and Objects in order to avoid losing history.
All Objects (Users, Rooms, Materials, etc.) that are deleted from the database will still remain visible in the Projects where they were previously scheduled or added. Reports run on a Project with any deleted Objects will still show them. However, it will not be possible to run a report on any deleted Objects individually nor will they be available for selection in the Toolbox or Object Manager.
Therefore, it is recommended that you deactivate Objects instead of deleting them. Then if you need to run a specific report on an inactive Object, for example, you can see and select it by choosing the option "Show Inactive" that you will fin on the menu > Settings > Show Inactive.
Objects that do not have the option "Active: NO" in the Modify window (Materials, Services, Expenses) can be removed from the system with the results described above.
- Set Multiple Rates: Set Rates for multiple Objects in one go. Select multiple items that share the same rates and then select this option. Available operations:
- Buy / Sell (Hour/ Unit): This option if for setting the Buy and Sell Rates per Hour (for Users, Objects, Resources, Classes and Groups) or per Unit (for Extras and Time Units).
The first field is to set the Buy Rate and the second field is to set the Sell Rate. Tick the check boxes next to each field to activate them. The Buy Rate will reflect the cost of the object to the company. The Sell Rate will reflect the standard rate of the object, which is going to be charged to the clients/ customers.
- Buy / Sell (Day): This option is for setting the Buy and Sell Rates per Day.
The first field is to set the Buy Rate and the second field is to set the Sell Rate. Tick the check boxes next to each field to activate them.
The Buy Rate will reflect the cost of the object to the company. The Sell Rate will reflect the standard rate of the object, which is going to be charged to the clients/customers.
- Inherit Rate From Object Class: This option is used in case the Rates are be taken from the Object Class that the object belongs to. First tick the checkbox next to this option to activate it, and then tick the second checkbox to apply the option for all the selected items.
- Change Division On Multiple: Only available if licensed. Allows to select multiple Objects and change their Division. See the Divisions manual for further information.
- Copy Object To Paste Buffer: Select one Object and copy it's Advanced Settings to the buffer. If the Object that was copied to the Buffer has nothing configured for any of the below mentioned four Advanced options, the related Paste options will not be available and will appear grayed out. Following Paste options are available:
- Paste Object Permission: If Object Permission are setup.
- Paste Object Classes: Will paste the Object Class from the buffered Object into the selected Objects so they will become part of the Object Class.
- Paste Object Activities: Will paste the Activities from the buffered Object into the selected Objects so they will have the same Activities. A dialogue will appear asking if you want to ADD or REPLACE Activities.
- Paste Object Accessories: Will paste the Accessories from the buffered Object into the selected Objects so they will have the same Accessories.
Select then one or more Objects to paste the needed into from the buffered Object to the selected Objects.
- Copy User's Profile To Buffer: Highlight a User and select this option to be able to Copy the User's Permission Profile to the Buffer.
- Paste User Profile: Use this option to paste the previous copied User profile to another User.
- Upload Files To Custom Field: Only available if EMT is licensed. Allows the User to select one Object at a time to upload one or multiple Images or one Thumbnail to the Object Custom Fields: "Images" or "Thumbnail" to the Object without having to open the Object first and then uploading the picture/s.
- Add To Class: Select one or multiple Objects to add them to an existing Object Class. Remember that an Object can belong to more than one Object Class.
* Note that when selecting Materials, Services or Expenses, the Object Classes in the list will appear unavailable (grayed out). This is because Extras cannot be added to Object Classes.
For more detailed information about the different type of objects please see the specific articles: