Within the Advanced Preferences, the following options display:
Member of Object Classes
List of Object Classes to which the User / Object has been added. The first Class in the list will be the Object's Primary Class. An Object can be included in more than one Object Class.
Object Classes are also created in the Object Manager.
- For example, for booking a VFX artists an Object Class called ‘VFX artists’ can be created containing all VFX artists. When booking, the Class can be selected from e.g. the Toolbox/Classes. On double clicking the Class, all members of that Class will appear as available members to select from in the Toolbox / Objects tab.
- Object Classes can also be used to set one price for all members belonging to it. Upon price changes only the prices of the Object Class need to be changed and not the prices of each User.
To add a User to an Object Class, click on the drop down arrow and select Add from the drop down menu. Select the Classes to which the User should be added.
To add a new Class select New Class. Enter in the Set Type Name For Class popup window a name for the Class.
Activities allow to associate different Rates to a User, an Object or Object Class, based on the different types of jobs a that can be performed e.g. a 3D Artist could have the Activities 'Modelling, Animation, Tracking'. or e.g. an Edit Suite (AVID) could have the Activities 'Online, Offline' and both will have different Rates.
- Add Activity: Click the drop down arrow and select New Activity from the drop down menu.
A New Activity window will open up where the following details can be defined:
- Name: Define a name for the Activity.
- Buy/ Sell Rate: Define the Buy and Sell Rate of the Activity, which can either be on a per Day or a per Hour basis.
- Icon: Click here to choose an icon for this Activity.
- Inventory Number: Enter an Inventory Number (if required).
- Ref: Enter a Reference for the Activity (if required). Usually needed for integrations into Financial Systems.
- Confirm Note: Write a short note which will appear if the User is booked with the Activity. It will appear as a pop-up when creating the Booking. It can't be printed.
- Select: Default Yes if this Activity should be the default Activity when the User is booked. If no Activity is marked as Default, the User’s standard Rates from the User’s main profile window will apply.
- Rates By Quantity: Each Activity can have additional Rates By Quantity which enable the definition of multiple Rates. These can be applied when different amounts of that Activity are booked. For example: The Rate of an Activity for 1 to 3 hours is different from the Rate of the same Activity for 3 to 6 hours.To define Rates By Quantity, click on the corresponding button. A Rates By Quantity window opens up which lists the defined breakdown of Rates By Quantity. To define a new Rate, click on the green plus icon and define the following details:
- From/ To Quantity: The lower and upper Quantity for which the Rate will be applied.
- Buy/ Sell Rate: The Buy and Sell Rate for the defined Quantity.To delete a Rate By Quantity, select the entry and click Delete.Hit OK after defining all the necessary Rates. Hit OK to close the Edit Activity window.
- Edit Activity: Click on the icon in the list and the Edit Activity window pops up.
- Copy Activity: Allows copying of all Activities from one Object to another. Click on the black down arrow at the top of the Activities list and select Copy.
- Paste Activity: Paste the previous copied Activities from one Object onto another Object. Click on the drop down arrow at the top of the Activities list and select Paste. Activities with same name will be doubled.
- Delete Activity: To delete an Activity, click on the drop down arrow next to the Activity icon in the list and select Delete.
Allows to define Accessories belonging to an Object. E.g. if a User is always using certain equipment or working with a specific machines, that equipment can be the User’s Accessories. Whenever the User is booked on a job, the Accessories will automatically be booked as well. Accessories may be specific Objects or an Object Class. If an Object Class is selected any available Object of the Object Class will be booked.
- Add Accessories: Click on the drop down arrow next to the green plus icon and select Object or Class.
Depending on the selection, the Object Browser or Class Browser opens to allow searching and selecting an Object or an Object Class. In addition, an Alternate Object or an Alternate Class may be added. Click on the drop down arrow next to the Accessory and select to add an Object or a Class, that will be booked instead of the first Accessory if this is already booked.
- Delete Accessories: Click on the Accessory name and Confirm to remove it or choose Cancel.
More than one object can be added as an accessory to the same Object. If in some cases the Accessory should not be booked, the Accessory can be removed from the Booking.
If the Object Permissions option is enabled (in the Server Setup / Bookings tab or Toolbox), this window will be active for adding the User(s) who will be allowed to create/ modify/ delete a confirmed Booking on this specific Object.
To assign Object Permissions, click on the black down arrow. A cascading drop down list of all the available User categories opens up. Select which members will be permitted to book this User.