Global Status is the status of the booking/job itself. The name and colour can be personalised in the Toolbox > Settings > Booking Defaults. It is possible to create multiple statuses.
To modify or add new statuses the user needs Permissions to access Object Manager/ Server Setup.
New - for a new Global Status, click any Status, then go to Submenu > Server Setup > New
Enter a name for the Global Status, choose a Colour and define the Sub Status .
Modify - to modify an existing Global Status, select the Status, then go to Submenu > Server Setup > Modify
Delete - to delete an existing Global Status, select the Status, then go to Submenu > Server Setup > Delete
Sort By Name - sort the list by Name
Sort By Status - sort the list by sub status (Planning first, then Preliminary, then Confirmed)
The Sub Status is mainly related to the Conflict behaviour.
- A booking with Confirmed Sub Status over another Booking with Confirmed status WILL create a Conflict Warning on Objects that have the "Cause Conflict" set to yes.
- A booking with Preliminary/Planning Sub Status CAN create a Conflict Warning when making a double booking if the Toolbox > Setting > Server Setup > Preliminary Booking Causes Conflict Warning (applies to Planning too) = Yes.
- A booking with Cancelled Sub Status WILL NOT create a Conflict Warning when making a double/conflicting booking.
An Object can either be Preliminary or Confirmed. To change the status of the objects, click on the object icon menu and either:
- Force Confirm – if the object has conflicts but you want to double book the objects Confirm All Days – possible conflicts will remain red and need to be force confirmed.
- Preliminary All Days – set all days to preliminary.
- Confirm From Time Range – mark a Time Range of days you want to confirm. Conflicts will remain red and need to be force confirmed.
- Preliminary From Time Range – mark a Time Range of days you want to set to preliminary.
The Actual Status reflects the status of the objects within the booking (e.g. if one object within a booking has a conflict, but the job has been confirmed, the ‘global status’ of the whole booking will be ‘confirmed’ but the ‘actual status’ ‘mixed’). It is also linked to the Sub Status in farmerswife that indicates the status of the individual objects booked on the job/booking.
- Planning: all booked objects with all days in gray/planning
- Preliminary: all objects have all days preliminary, due to conflicts or due to the Sub Status of the Global Status (see Global Status)
- Mixed: one or more booked objects with preliminary days and confirmed days
- Confirmed: all objects are confirmed
Cancelled Bookings can be hidden from the Timelines in Toolbox > Settings > Display. This is a per user setting.
They still appear in the Edit Project Window Filters, being linked to the "Preliminary" Sub Status (same as Planning Bookings). This must be considered when running reports.
Cancelled Bookings do NOT trigger any CONFLICT warning.
They always show in their Global/Sub status colour in the Timelines.
Cancelled bookings can be hidden from Web Users (fw Web Client, iOS, MWC) by hiding bookings with "Planning" Status in the Web Permission Profile.
Define the Sub Status Colours in Toolbox > Settings > Display settings. The Sub Status colour will be reflected in the lower part of the status colour box next to the booking name in the Project Tree or on the booking.
This colour is also the colour of the booking shown in the Hourline depending which setting has been selected in the Hourline Settings.