The Credit Limit is a feature that allows the User to block the possibility to create bookings on Projects for Clients that have been blocked, if for example invoices are outstanding or no more budget is left. It is also possible to just warn the User each time a booking is made on a project linked to that client.
This feature isn't linked to Invoices or Budgets from a Client. It is a manual feature to block the possibility to book on projects that are linked to a specific client.
1. Setup of the Credit Limit feature
a. Setup in the Server
The Credit Limit feature can be find in the Server Setup > Financial tab. To activate it set "Client Financial Control on Project" to Yes. Then choose the behavior:
- Do Nothing: Nothing will happen
- Stop on Project: You can no longer created bookings on projects that are linked to this client. A warning message appears and the Booking or the Extra added to this Client's Projects is not created or added.
- Warn on Project: A warning message appears when booking this Client's Project or adding an Extra to a Project but the Booking and/ or the Extra is created or added.
b. Setup on the Client
To set up the Credit Limit feature on the Client, go to the Client and enter the Edit Client window. In the second column below the Discounts per Client turn the "Financially Blocked" setting on.
Note: this function, is currently implemented on contact level, not on company level! So when creating a new Project it is the Contact that is being blocked not the Company.
2. Work with the Credit Limit set at zero
- Behaviour: Stop on Project
If the Client Financial Control on Project is set to Yes in the Server Setup > Financial tab and the Behavior is set to "Stop On Project" any Booking on Projects linked to this Client or Extra added to this Client's Project won't be created - a warning message appears: The Client's Credit Limit Has Been Reached.
* Virtual Bookings can still be created. This only affects Bookings or Extras added to a Project of this specific Client.
- Behavior: Warn on Project
If the Client Financial Control on Project is set to Yes in the Server Setup > Financial tab and the Behavior is set to "Warn On Project" each time you make a Booking on a Project linked to this Client or add an to one of it's Projects a warning message appears: The Client's Credit Limit Has Been Reached. The Booking will still be created and the Extras will be added to this Client's Projects, but you have been warned.
3. Stop working with the Credit Limit feature
To stop working with the Credit Limit feature per Client just set the Financially Blocked setting off. To stop working with the Credit Limit feature in general, set the Client Financial Control on Project to No on the Server.