The Credit Limit is a manual feature that allows the User to block certain Clients from being booked if, for example, invoices are outstanding or no more budget is left. It is also possible to just warn the User each time a certain client is booked, to be aware that there are still invoices outstanding or that the budget is already reached.
This feature isn't linked to Invoices or Budgets from a Client. It is a mere manual feature to block Clients from being booked.
1. Setup of the Credit Limit feature
a. Setup in the Server
The Credit Limit feature can be find in the Server Setup > Financial tab. To activate it set "Client Financial Control on Project" to Yes. Then choose the behavior:
- Do Nothing = Nothing will happen
- Stop on Project = This client can't be booked anymore. A warning message appears and the Booking or the Extra added to this Client's Projects doesn't get created.
- Warn on Project = A warning message appears when booking this Client or adding an Extra to a Project but the Booking and/ or the Extra gets created.
b. Setup in the Client
To set up the Credit Limit feature in the Client, go to the Client and enter the Edit Client window. In the second column below the Discounts per Client turn the "Financially Blocked" setting on.Note: this function, is currently implemented on contact level, not on company level! So when creating a new Project it is the Contact that is being checked not the Company.
2. Work with the Credit Limit set at zero
- Behaviour: Stop on Project
If the Client Financial Control on Project is set to Yes in the Server Setup > Financial tab and the Behavior is set to "Stop On Project" any Booking on this Client or Extra added to this Client's Project won't be created - a warning message appears: The Client's Credit Limit Has Been Reached.
* Virtual Bookings can still be created. This only affects Bookings or Extras added to a Project of this specific Client.\
- Behavior: Warn on Project
If the Client Financial Control on Project is set to Yes in the Server Setup > Financial tab and the Behavior is set to "Warn On Project" each time a Booking on this Client is made or an Extra added to one of it's Projects a warning message appears: The Client's Credit Limit Has Been Reached. But the Booking will be created. This applies as well to Extras added to this Client's Projects.
3. Stop working with the Credit Limit feature
To stop working with the Credit Limit feature per Client just set the Financially Blocked setting off. To stop working with the Credit Limit feature in general, set the Client Financial Control on Project to No.