To start using this new functionality:
- Enable this setting in the fw Server > Setup > Bookings tab > "Use Invoice Received Status On Booking Objects".
- In farmerswife Desktop Client > Toolbox > Settings > Display > "Booking Object Invoice Received Status" > set the colour for the two new settings > "Received Status", and "Yes". This Booking Object Invoice Received Status color will overwrite all other colors (Preliminary, Planning, etc.); more info below.
- Use the new "Multi Selecting" mode added to the Long Form > Objects tree; more info below.
This new functionality was developed to match Incoming Invoice costs to the individual Bookings of "resources" to keep track which jobs they have already invoiced you.
And this new "Invoice Received Status" was developed to be set on Users and Resources, however it is also possible to set it on Objects.
Using this feature you will be able to go through your freelancer's invoices and check in farmerswife, whether they have invoiced you correctly.
You will be able to mark all corresponding Bookings of a Resource and change the Status of that Booking for that Resource to either Invoice Received: Yes, Under Review. The Status "No" is the default Status.
By doing this it allows you to go through your received invoices and match your Bookings to the Resources invoice. The Booking will change color indicating visually whether a Bookings hasn't been invoiced yet by the freelancer (No), whether you have to review it (Under Review) or wether you have received the Invoice for this job (Yes) and all is correct.
This feature can also be used for pure Objects if necessary, however it was originally designed to be able to mark the individual Bookings of a freelancer and mark them either
a) "No" (default): Nothing happens
b) "Under Review": Nothing happens, but the colour of the Booking changes according to the Toolbox > Setting > Display > "Booking Object Invoice Received Status.
c) "Yes": Booking Colour changes will be applied according to the Toolbox Setting configuration and the Booking will be locked, more info below.
Note: You can change any "Invoice Received Status" only on each individual Booking! See below the information on the new "Multi Selecting" mode.
You can undo any Status changes at individual Booking level.
Details on b) Status Invoiced Received = Under Review:
On a Framework Booking the involved Object can be moved or swapped; however the "Invoice Received Status" will jump back to the "default" Status = "No" after these actions.
Details on c) Status Invoiced Received = "Yes", blocking behaviour:
- The involved Object (usually a Freelancer = Resource) can't be deleted.
- The Booking can't be deleted.
- The time of the Booking or of the Object can't be changed.
- The Object can't be moved, swapped or replaced.
- The Object Note, Custom Field on Booking level or User Pending Approval Status can't be changed.
- If the Booking is a Framework Booking with more than 1 User/ Resources in it, the Framework Booking can't be deleted; however the other members of that Framework Booking can be changed.
Note: If the Booking is saved within the Toolbox > Booking Templates, the previously set "Invoice Received Status" (if any) will revert back to the "default" Status = No.
How to use "Invoice Received Status":
On Framework Bookings:
Go to: fw Client > Long Form > Project tree, click on the individual Framework Booking to take focus > right-mouse click > Booking Object (Frame Worked) > "Invoice Received" and set here the according status.
On Class Bookings:
Click on the Object icon > Invoice Received > and here choose a "Status".
The new "Multi Selecting" mode (Object's tree only):
To assist applying this new "Invoice Received Status" across multiple Bookings, it is now possible to multiple-select Object's Bookings in the Long Form > Objects tree across Objects and change the Status in one go to apply these "Invoice Received Status" changes:
- From "No" to "Under Review"
- From "No" to "Yes"
- From "Under Review" to "No"
- From "Under Review" to "Yes"
IMPORTANT: The "Multi Selecting" mode by design is not intended to support to set Bookings with "Invoice Received Status" from "Yes" back to "No" or from "Yes" back to "Under Review"!
To start using the "Multi Selecting" mode, go to fw Client > Long Form > Objects tree icon click > "Start Multi Selecting Bookings For Invoice Received Status Change".
A little yellow triangle "Multi Selecting" icon will indicate that you are using the "multiple-selection" mode.
Once you are finished, either click on the triangle icon to end the "Multi Selecting" mode or choose the option in fw Client > Long Form > Objects tree icon click > "Done Multi Selecting Bookings For Invoice Received Status Change".
As soon as the Multi-Select Mode is enabled you are able to mark different Bookings for an Object (usually a Resource = Freelancer) or various Objects at the same time. The multiple selected Bookings will get highlighted with a yellow frame around them. After having selected the Bookings within the Long Form > Object tree > View Port area, click again on the Objects tree icon and select one of the appearing options:
- Invoice Received Status: No
- Invoice Received Status: Under Review
- Invoice Received Status: Yes
Print out the "Invoice Received" information in the User, Object and Financial Report
You will find a [D:Invoiced Received] field in the Events Loop of the User and Object Report. In the Financial Report you will find the same field to display this Status under the Rows section.