For each new Project created in farmerswife, a folder will be created in the sever installation folder structure, in the following path: farmerswife server\files\projects.
The folder name contains, depending which option was chosen in the Project Folder Format, the Name or Number + Name of the Project.
Any files uploaded to the Edit Project window through the Files window will be stored within this folder. The sub folder 'Hidden' is only for Advanced Users with Super User rights to access.
It is also possible for Users with the corresponding OS permissions to access the Project Folders directly and to place files into the corresponding folder without accessing the farmerswife client.
In the General tab it is possible to "Force Location Of Files Folder" where the Project Folders are usually stored. See the General tab for more information about this option.
Project Folder Format
The project folder name can be controlled through this setting.
Currently these options are available:
- Unique ID: This option uses the unique id as name.
- Number_Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "123_My project"
- Number_Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "123_My_project"
- Number - Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "123 - My project"
- Number - Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "123 - My_project"
- Number Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "123 My project"
- Number Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "123 My_project"
- Name_Number (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "My project_123"
- Name_Number (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "My_project_123"
- Name - Number (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "My project - 123"
- Name - Number (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "My_project - 123"
- Company_Number_Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "Moondana Films_123_My project"
- Company_Number_Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "Moondana_Films_123_My_project"
- Number_Company_Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "123_Moondana Films_My project"
- Number_Company_Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "123_Moondana_Films_My_project"
- Name (Allow Spaces): This results in for example "My project"
- Name (Space => Underscore): This results in for example "My_Project"
If a name of a Project is changed in farmerswife, it will attempt to rename the folder on disk as well. If it fails, it will keep the link to the old folder name, and it will try to rename it again on next server start-up or the next time you open the Project.
Create Folder Links (no longer supported feature)
Use Strict Ascii In Folder Name (no longer supported feature)
Add Number To Name (no longer supported feature)
Padding In Number To Folder Name (no longer supported feature)
Folder Template For Projects
This feature allows to have a pre-structure of folders and files that will be added to the Project folder on the Server and that can be viewed and used in the Project Files window at the bottom of the Edit Project window upon creating a new Project.
- Create a folder structure on a system location.
- Click to select the path of this Project Folder Template. If the template folder contains a "Client_Access" folder, it will be used to overwrite also the folder with the same name that is created already by default.
Note that the Server application must be restarted before any of these changes take effect. The new folder template will apply only to new Projects.
Expense Importer Watch Folder
Custom developed functionality and not open for public use.
Project Folder Locations
If you have many Projects it might be handy to store active, closed and archived Projects under different sub folders. The default link is set here. Per Project type (active,closed or archived) three options exist:
- Store active (closed/archived) Projects under files/projects - so all Projects will be in one folder or
- files/projects/active (closed, archived) - this way each Project type is saved into its own sub folder or
- Select Folder - where the Project Locations are moved to a different server path.
If the path is set to a different drive and/or a different server, farmerswife will try to automatically move the folders on disk to match the new locations. However, there can be occasions when that is not possible, for example if the target server experiences a problem or is down for maintenance, etc.
Then the option: Force Set Project Folder Locations (click on the drop-down icon next to Projects Folder Location) can be used to force set the Project Folder Locations to a different location. Or it is used to force set back the location to the usual drive as soon as the problem has been solved. Also see the information about the Force Location of "Files" Folder in Server Setup > General tab.