Project Views allow filtering and selecting different Views within a Project, depending on the configuration that is set up according to the requirements of each workflow. These filters can be used to help manage the over view of a project and are defined by selecting which categories to include and exclude.
You can add new views and change the filters from the Server > Setup > Projects tab, or from the desktop application > Edit Project window > Eye menu > Show View Filters. Default view filters are pre-defined in the Server set-up Project Tab.
Typically the To Invoice/Invoiced view is set up to show the actuals (Bookings, Work Orders, Media Orders and Extras), but when you need to invoice what you quoted/budgeted (either Virtual Bookings or Budget module), this view must be modified to contain those details instead.
For this reason, it is recommended that you always have separate Project views : one for the invoice view, another one for actuals and a third one for budgets/quotes.
Click on each View to check the options that come with the system by default and modify if needed.
- Budget Details: If selected, Budget details will be displayed (if Budget module is licensed). Select whether to show details from Active Budgets or Current Quotes through the drop down arrow next to Budget Details. Refer to the Budget manual for more details.
- Virtual Bookings: If selected, Quotes generated through Virtual Bookings will be displayed.
- Bookings: If selected, Bookings with Confirmed Global Status will be displayed.
- Preliminary Bookings: If selected, Bookings with Preliminary and Planning Global Status will be displayed.
- Project Work Orders: If selected, Project Work Orders will be displayed.
- Media Orders: If selected, Media Orders will be displayed (if Media Order module is licensed).
- Project Materials: If selected, Materials added through the Edit Project window will be displayed.
- Project Services: If selected, Services added through the Edit Project window will be displayed.
- Project Expenses: If selected, Expenses added through the Edit Project window will be displayed.
- Project Objects: If selected, Objects added through the Edit Project window will be displayed. Including added Objects from Incoming Invoices.
- Price Operators: If selected, Sell Price Operators added through the Project Eye Menu will be displayed, or else Budget Operators if the Budget module is licensed and the 'In Actuals' option on the Budget Operator is checked.
- Locked: Select to lock the View. In the Edit Project window it is possible to modify the Views by unlocking this option.
These options are related to the Source options, since the selected options will be displayed as lines in the Source.
- Users: If selected, Users will be displayed.
- Resources: If selected, Resources will be displayed.
- Suites / Workstations: If selected, Objects under this Category will be displayed (note that the Category name may vary)
- Equipment/Machines: If selected, Objects under this Category will be displayed (note that the Category name may vary)
- Facility: If selected, Objects under this Category will be displayed (note that the Category name may vary
- Time Units: If selected, Time Units will be displayed (note that the name may vary).
- Groups: If selected, Groups will be displayed. Include to show Children (group members) if needed by clicking on the drop-down menu icon.
- Materials: If selected, Materials will be displayed.
- Services: If selected, Services will be displayed.
- Expenses: If selected, Expenses will be displayed.
- Create New: Click on the green plus icon to create a new Project View.
- Apply/Update On All Non-Archived Projects: When any of the existing Views is modified or a new View is created, it can be updated on existing Projects that are not archived by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the modified View and selecting Apply/Update On All Non-Archived Projects.
Further View Configurations in the Server Setup
Final / Container View
The Invoice Creator will point to the View that is selected under this setting when generating invoices. Therefore select one of the previously created Project Views as the "Final/Container View" for invoicing. As the View is selected, the Project icon (brown briefcase) will appear on the corresponding View indicating the link. Refer to the Invoice manual for more details.
Web Client View (Legacy Web Client setting)
Web User View (Legacy Web Client setting)
Select one of the Project Views as the Quote View. As the View is selected, a page icon will appear on the selected View indicating the link. This view is intended to display the latest version of the quote/budget presented to a client, in case you save versions to track history. This setting is used by the Financial Reports to define from which view financial data will be collected. See more details in the Financial Reports manual.
Budget Actuals View
Select one of the Project Views as the Actuals View. As the View is selected, a green time-reported icon will appear on the selected View. This setting is used by the Financial Reports to define from which view financial data will be collected. See more details in the Financial Reports manual.
Email Project Booking Report View
Is set to the Final / Container view by default. If you invoice your Budgets or want to email a Booking Report on Preliminary Bookings, make sure to select a view here that includes both Confirmed and Preliminary Bookings otherwise the PDF attachment can be blank.
Project View Setup in the Edit Project Window
First select which View Filter you wish to modify from the right hand side. Then unlock the filter from the left side to be able to modify it (untick 'Locked').
Select the Source and then select which Categories to include. Also select Project Materials, Project Services and Project Expenses if required. This way the View Filter will display the Items in that Category from that Source if they exist and then also to display (Project) Materials, Services and Expenses if they have been added directly to the project instead of via the Time Report.
Creating and deleting a View Filter
To create and save your own view filters follow the steps below:
- Click the new button. This will create a view filter called ‘Untitled’ which will appear on the bottom of the view filter list.
- Select the Sources and Categories you wish to include in this filter.
- Rename the view filter by clicking the ‘Rename’ button and defining the name of the filter. Note, that this ONLY applies to this specific Project.
- To delete a filter from the list simply click the ‘Delete’ button.
- To retrieve a dynamic calculation break down of how much has been spent on which project items by clicking the ‘Calculate Break Down’ button.
- To hide the view filter window select ‘Hide View Filters’ from the view settings /options menu.
- Quickly switch between the view filter by hitting the ‘View’ menu in the top middle of the Edit Project window.