The "Microsoft Azure Active Directory" integration to sync users and authenticate through the Windows Azure API depending on user's settings, was implemented in v6.3.
# New settings:
- fw Server > Setup > Users > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector.
- fw Server/Client > Modify User > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector.
- fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector.
# Requirements/prerequisites to be able to connect farmerswife (fw) and Azure AD:
1. An Office 365 account.
Maybe helpful from Microsoft:
"You can sign up for [an Office 365 Developer subscription] (https://portal.office.com/Signup/Signup.aspx?OfferId=6881A1CB-F4EB-4db3-9F18-388898DAF510&DL=DEVELOPERPACK&ali=1#0) that includes the resources that you need to start building Office 365 apps."
2. "Applications" are used in Azure for authentication and authorization.
A trial subscription can be acquired here from Mircrosoft:
3. Register a new app (e.g. called "farmerswife") in Azure Active Directory (Using the 'Web app/Api' type).
IMPORTANT: for a smooth setup: first create and set the "permissions" as per below info. And only as the last step, create the "Secret Key" for the app.
- 'App Client Id' (from Windows Azure AD > App Settings).
- 'App Secret Key' (from Windows Azure AD > App Settings).
- 'OAuth 2.0 Token Endpoint' (from Windows Azure AD > App Registration).
- 'MS Azure AD GRAPH API Endpoint'. (from Windows Azure AD > App Registration).
4. Create in Azure Active Directory "Groups member Users" to be synced to farmerswife.
IMPORTANT: you need create "Groups" per each saved fw "Permission Profile" and fw "Web Permission Profile".
# farmerswife Setup:
1. Go to fw Server > Setup > Users > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector to setup the connection parameters and how to map Azure AD Groups/Users into fw Users.
2. Click 'Test' and you should see a success message.
3. Click 'Ok' to save the settings.
4. Go to fw Client > toolbox > Settings > Server Setup > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector:
- Click on 'Sync Now', to do a first sync.
- Select a 'Sync Time' interval.
5. Optionally go to fw Server/Client > Modify User > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector to change Microsoft Azure AD Connector settings on an specific user.
- The user's fields synced from Azure to farmerswife are the following: Username, First Name, Last Name, Email, Title, Phone Direct, Phone Mobile, Address and Fax.
- The 'App Secret Key' must be updated in farmerswife every 1 or 2 years depending on Azure Active Directory app configuration.
- The farmerswife User's Number can be synced by using MS Azure AD Extension Attributes and the field in fw Server > Setup > Users > MS Azure Extension Attribute ID To Import User Number.
- Implemented New Option in fw Server > Setup > Users > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector > Strip Domain Name From Username When Creating.
- Implemented Sync Time at an exact time to sync every 24h in fw Client > Toolbox > Server Setup > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector > Sync Time.
- Implemented new setting in fw Client > Toolbox > Server Setup > Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connector > Setup to manage groups and to test the settings.