Server Setup > General tab > Divisions
Use the existing grey box to configure one of your Divisions, and add new ones by clicking on the green plus icon.
In the Divisions window, configure the following settings:
- Division ID: by default the database only contains one Division, which is hidden, but additional Divisions can be added (separate sold feature).
- Use Fiscal Year: When enabled, the Fiscal Year as entered in this field, will show on the top left corner of the Invoice Editor. It can be used in combination with the Reset Invoice Numbers option (see below) to establish what the next invoice number should be for the new fiscal year.
- Fiscal Year: Enter the number format for the Fiscal Year e.g. 07 or 2007. For each new Fiscal Year start, this value needs to be manually modified at the beginning of every fiscal year.
- Use Own Credit Note Series: Enable this option to have Credit Notes to use a separate number series from the Invoice series.
- Reset Invoice Numbers: Enter the number that the first Invoice created in the Invoice Creator should have. If the Use Own Credit Note Series option is enabled, you can also enter the number for the first Credit Note. Note that only numbers are allowed.
- Colour: Choose a different colour for each Division.
- OK: Save the configuration and leave this window.
- Cancel: Cancel any changes made and leave this window.
- Delete: To delete the Division. Use with caution.
Below the list of Divisions, there is one more setting:
- Allow Users To Change Their Own Division: Enable this feature if you have some Users who actively travel between Divisions. On the day when the User is working at a different Division, he also needs to go to Toolbox > Settings > Miscellaneous > Division and select the corresponding Division. As a result, any new Project, Contact etc that he creates will use the selected Division automatically.
Server Setup > Financial tab
Divisions Share Invoicing Number Series: This feature allows to have all Invoices use the same numbering
series, instead of one series per Division.
When using this feature, if you need to re-set invoice numbering, make sure to add the same number on all
your Divisions, so the first invoice created on any Division will take that new number. The rest of invoice
numbers will follow that one. (tested and works - add pics exemplifying this)
Add Users Division ID To Media Number: It adds the Division ID as a prefix to all Media numbers.
Note: Even without a Division license you can still set up a Division ID on the single Division in Server Setup
> General tab > Divisions.