In farmerswife there is an Icon library with a standard set of Icons that can be used to illustrate Objects, Users, Services etc. Click here to view the full Icon Library
However, if you do not find what you need in the default Library, you can customise your own icons by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Create Custom Icon files
- Step 2: Send Icon files to farmerswife Support
- Step 3: Using your New Icons
Create Custom Icon Files
Size, format and file names for Custom Icons
For each Icon you will need two GIF or PNG images in two different sizes:
- Bigger Icon: 32x32 pixels
- Smaller Icon: 16x16 pixels
The images should then be named as follows, with iconname being replaced with the name you wish to give the Icon. Both files should have the same iconname
- Bigger icon: c_iconname_b.gif / c_iconname_b.png
- Smaller icon: c_iconname_s.gif / c_iconname_s.png
e.g.: for a new turtle icon, the file names would be:
Rules on file name and format
- Use a .gif or a .png format with both icon sizes for the same icon, using the same format
It is also possible to use an "Alpha" format e.g. gif89a
- Use ASCII letters
- All icons must have the prefix c_ or farmerswife will ignore them
- Add the suffixes: _b for big, and _s for small
- Do not use underscores in file names, aside from the prefix & suffix
- Do not use spaces in file names
- Do not use capital letters
For User Icons you need a .txt file
You can also use customised icons for Users. However, in this case as the icon will be used to display a User Booking colour, a .txt file needs to be added along with the two icon files
The .txt file should have again have the iconname as follows:
Within the .txt file, a colour in HTML compatible format has to be added, e.g. "#3CB371" for dark green. (Search for HTML colour values on the internet)
The purpose of the .txt file is to be able to display the User Booking colour when booking in the Hourline; dark green in the example below (to be used with the setting Use Involved User Colour setting, within the Hourline section of the Toolbox settings).
Once you have your icon files, you are ready to add them to the Server.
Send Icon files to farmerswife Support
When your icons are ready, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request asking to add the files to the server. The support member will be able to check the files you have sent, and then add them to your clouded server.
Once they have been added, they will notify you of when the new icons will be ready to use (generally this will be the next morning, after the server has restarted overnight).
Using your New Icons
Once the server has been restarted (by the Support Team Member, or overnight) log in and locate your new icons.
They will appear under Custom Icons and under Users, if you have added a user icon.
Have fun with your new icons!