In 64 bits the way the printer works is different than before and therefore, also the way the label printing works.
Now you are not able to print directly to the printer, you need to open the label first and then send it to the printer.
The resizing of the labels will not happen in farmerswife but in the printer settings.
To fix a label we will need to:
- Deactivate the setting " Ask for .pdf file location when saving". This way when we click on save as pdf the file will open directly:
- Format the size of the "paper" in farmerswife to be sure that matches the shape of our sticker. It doesn't matter the size itself but that the ratio is correct. E.g. 2 times weigh per 1 time heigh:
- Once we are happy with the size of our canvas we will tidy up the elements and click on print as pdf.
From the pdf we can cmd or ctrl + p and the printer dialogue will open.
- We will open the paper size menu and we will create a new custom size with the exact size of our stickers.
We will make sure we click on the setting: Scale to fit > Fill entire paper
- Print and you will see that the label fits perfectly.
Once the label has the right size and the paper size is configured in the printer properties, it will be very easy to print. We will just need to click on open as pdf, then cmd or ctrl + p and ok.