Re-implemented direct printing from the fw Client app on Mac and Windows! v6.8
You now have two options to "print" from the fw Client application:
• NEW "Print (Beta)"
• "Save As PDF"
The new "Print (Beta)" will work out-of-the-box on Mac using the default 64bit app (Retina optimized and non-retina optimized) for any installed printer. This is NOT available for the legacy 32bit fw Client app for Mac.
For this to work on Windows, two Windows OS related changes must be applied on each Windows machine, where the new "Print (Beta)" is supposed to work.
a) On Windows go to: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > Print and Document Services > "LPR Port Monitor" <= Enabled.
b) On the installed Printer(s) to be used for direct "Print (Beta)" > Printer Properties > General > "Location" field ensure that this info exists and is correct for the installed and to be used printer: http://PrintersIP:80/WebServices/Device..
Label Print on 64bit app through PDF and resizing to print
After the 6.6 release, PDF printing has changed, where you before would print with your system installed printer and PDF creator, you will now use the farmerswife built in PDF printer. This change also affects how label printing works. You are no longer able to print directly to the printer, you need to first open the PDF with the label and then send it to the printer. You will also do the resizing of the labels in the printer settings, ie not as before in farmerswife.
To fix a label you will need to:
- Deactivate the setting " Ask for .pdf file location when saving". This way when you click on Save As PDF the file will open directly. Find the setting in Toolbox > Settings > Miscellaneous and make sure it is unticked (in the image it is ticked, but for your label printing purposes it should be unticked).
- Format the size of the "paper" in farmerswife to be sure that it matches the shape of your sticker. The size itself doesn't matter but it is important that the ratio is correct, for example 2 times width per 1 time height.
- When you are happy with the size of the canvas it is time to tidy up the elements and click on Print As PDF. From the pdf you can cmd or ctrl + p and the printer dialogue will open.
- Open the paper size menu and create a new custom size with the exact size of your stickers. Make sure to click on the setting: Scale to fit > Fill entire paper
- Print and you will see that the label fits perfectly.
Once the label has the right size and the paper size is configured in the printer properties, it will be very easy to print. You will only need to click on open as pdf, then cmd or ctrl + p and ok.