Any new Booking (Project Booking, Task Booking, NOT Personnel Booking), the User or Resource is added to, she will receive an email with invite for the event through Google's calendar system (Delays can occur! See here!). Only Task or Project Bookings with sub status ‘Confirmed’ from "today and forward" will trigger "invite emails" to be sent.
An event created "yesterday" will not trigger an invite. In the examples below, Anne / Gustav do not have the “User Must Accept Or Decline New Bookings” enabled. So their Bookings show the Global Status: ‘Confirmed’ and Actual Status ‘All Confirmed’ (considering the Substatus of the involved Objects).
Daniel has the “User Must Accept Or Decline New Bookings” enabled therefore the Global Status = ‘Confirmed’ and Actual Status ‘All Preliminary’ with his Object Status: Pending User’s Approval.
The Email notification & invitation
A calendar email invitation will be sent to the defined email address of the User/Resource.
- Example 1: Anne’s Project Booking
- Example 2: Anne Task Booking (Anne's Client Meeting)
- Email invitation in Gmail
The Calendar Title of the Event/Booking
In Google Calendar the Event shows up in the Default Calendar of the User. Until the Event has been responded it shows the small arrow in Google.
Event Summary shows: Project / Binder / Sub-binder / Booking/Task Name Description = Company or (Project) Division Name / Client Company
Note: Project Container name not included.
In iCal the new Event shows up in the ‘Mail ToDo’s’ or whichever calendar is set as default to receive invites.
A) User’s Web Permission "Users Must Accept Or Decline Events" is NOT enabled (in this example on Anne): Make a new Booking/Task: the Booking Object Status shows according to the Global/Actual Status
i. Confirmed IF Global Sub Status = Confirmed
ii. Preliminary IF Global Sub Status = Preliminary
- If the User Accepts the Google Calendar Event notification the Object Status remains = Confirmed. A green flag appears next to the user in the Involved Window: Accepted by User.
- If the User Declines the Google Calendar Event notification, a red flag appears and the Object Status changes to Preliminary = Declined By User.
- If the User says Maybe in the Google Calendar Event notification, the Object Status remains = Confirmed until he accepts or declines.
B) User’s Web Permission "Users Must Accept Or Decline Events" is enabled (in this example on Daniel) Make a new Booking/Task: the Booking Object Status shows: Pending User’s Approval
- If User Accepts the Google Calendar Event notification => Object Status = Confirmed.
- If User Declines the Google Calendar Event notification => Object Status = Declined By User.
- If the User says Maybe in the Google Calendar Event notification, the Object Status = Pending User’s Approval until he accepts or declines.
Declined Users and Resources will disappear from the Booking’s Timereport, thus in some events the Timereport icon will turn green, as all (none) Object’s have been ‘reported’. Once you re-time the Booking, the User/Resource will be re-set to ‘Confirmed’ (A) or ‘Pending User’s Approval (B). It might take a few minutes to update the status in farmerswife after the Booking has been moved.
Accepted Events in Google’sCalendar (both Project Bookings onAnne and Daniel)
Booking Invitation(s) Accepted.
Daniel’s Booking turns intoconfirmed Booking colour.
No change on Anne’s booking.
The Booking Involved Windowshows a flag, indicating if the UserAccepted/Declined.
The mouse over shows also the Object Status as well as the Colour Configuration in Toolbox > Settings > Display > User Approval Status.
Declined User Anne. Anne is not appearing on the Timereport as she declined theevent. Timereport = green as all (none) Objects are reported.