When migrating your existing farmerswife to a new server copy at least the complete 'files', ‘html_templates', 'system', and 'scripts' subfolder (stored within 'lib') into the new 'Farmers WIFE Server' installation directory.
Always first perform a 'Full Backup' from the Server application, thus creating a complete backup of the 'farmerswife Server' directory (if the 'Include Files Folder' setting is enabled).
For minimal downtime, please follow these steps in the following order:
- Install the latest available version on the new server machine (recommended to install not on primary OS disk/partition).
- Perform a 'Full Backup' from the Server application on the production farmerswife on the outgoing (old) server machine, creating a complete backup of the 'farmerswife Server' directory (Complete backup=if the 'Include Files Folder' setting is enabled).
- Shut down current production farmerswife on old server machine (inform everyone prior to shutting down the server).
- Copy the complete 'files', ‘html_templates', 'system' and 'scripts' subfolder (stored within 'lib') into the new 'farmerswife Server' installation directory on the new server.
- Place the new license, which you have received for the new server IP, into the "system" folder on the new server, thus replacing the old ones (if you haven't received one, you can request one by emailing email@example.com).
- Start up farmerswife on the new server. The DB will be upgraded to the above-mentioned version.
- After the upgrade process, start up the farmerswife Server again and go into Setup to make final modifications (Backups, path to Full Backup, etc.)
- Log in with a local farmerswife Client application, to verify that farmerswife is up and running again.
- Modify the Client to Server connection details on each farmerswife Client application to point to the new server machine's static IP.