Always first perform a 'Full Backup' from the Server application, thus creating a complete backup of the 'farmerswife Server' directory (if 'Include Files Folder' setting is enabled).
For minimal down time, please follow these steps in the following order:
- Install the latest available version on the new server machine (recommended to install not on primary OS disk/partition).
- Shut down current production farmerswife on old server machine (inform everyone prior to shutting down the server).
- Perform a 'Full Backup' from the Server application, thus creating a complete backup of the 'farmerswife Server' directory (if 'Include Files Folder' setting is enabled).
- Copy the complete 'files', ‘html_templates', 'system' and 'scripts' subfolder (stored within 'lib') into the new 'farmerswife Server' installation directory on the new server.
- Place the new license, which you have received for the new server IP, into the "system" folder on the new server, thus replacing the old ones.
- Start up farmerswife on the new server. The DB will be upgraded to the above mentioned version.
- After the upgrade process start up the farmerswife Server again and go into Setup to make final modifications (Backups, path to Full Backup, etc.)
- Login with a local farmerswife Client application, to verify that farmerswife is up and running again.
- Modify the Client to Server connection details on each farmerswife Client application to point to the new server machines static IP.