The Punch Clock is where the User time reports when they came in to work and when they left work. This may or may not cover the same time span as the Bookings on that day – this depends on each clients workflow. In any case, the User is considered to have worked between the times input through the Punch Clock. ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ADVANCED USERS!
Activating Punch Clock and configuring related Permissions
The Punch Clock functionality is activated in the Server Setup > Users tab > Punch Clock > Yes. A window will pop up asking if you want to set the Punch Clock start date for all Users. From this date Users are expected to report their ‘In’/‘Out’ times each working day (not on weekends).
On each User Profile, it is possible to set a different Punch Clock Start Date:
In the User Permission Profile, there are three related permissions:
- Can Punch Clock: Set to Yes on those Users who must punch clock.
- Can Free Edit Punch Clock: Set to Yes on those Users who can freely enter the In and Out time. If set to No, people just click on In and Out buttons, and the time is automatically added. See details below.
- Can See Punch Clock Of Others: Set to Yes on those Users who will have permission to see other User’s punch clock data in the User Report and in the Hourline. To some, the Punch Clock data can be considered sensitive information. By default the flag is set to Yes, for backward compatibility.
Where to find it and how to use it
- Punch Clock in Toolbox
Go to Toolbox > Settings > Miscellaneous > Toolbox Menu’s > select Punch Clock. The menu for the Punch Clock will then appear at the bottom of the Toolbox giving access to punch clock.
(Can Free Edit Punch Clock = Yes --> green plus visible).
As a User starts work, he will go to Toolbox > Punch Clock > click on ‘In’ button at the top and the time will automatically be entered. The same operation will be carried out before leaving work; he will click on the ‘ Out’ button.
If the permission to freely edit Punch Clock is set to Yes, the User will be able to click on the green plus icon to modify the time freely – see example above.
There can be as many ‘In/Out’ pairs as needed during a day, for example if a User worked a bit in the morning, then went home and then came back to work in the evening.
Also, the ‘Out’ time can be left blank and only specify an in time. This means that the User came in at some time and then stayed at work until the next day – for example when doing a night shift. On the next day, the User can do the opposite: Omit the ‘In’ time and only add an ‘Out’ time.
If a User did not come into work on a day, the Skip button can be pressed. the Skip button will only be available on future days. This removes the warning No In/ Out Time Reported Yet and sets the number of worked hours to zero.
- Time Report Sheet in To-do’s
Go to Toolbox > To-do’s > click on the Time Report Sheet icon to access:
There is an additional section at the top of each day in the Time Report Sheet for the Punch Clock. See below for a Punch Clock section with some times reported. The User has reported that he came in at 09:00 and worked until 19:30, but had lunch between 12:30 and 13:00.
- Add a new ‘In/ Out’ pair: Typing in this empty line creates a new ‘In/ Out’ pair.
- Add a new Punch Clock break: Typing in this empty line reports a break in the Punch Clocked time. The duration of the break subtracts from the total worked hours.
Seeing others’ Punch Clocks in Hourline
Those Users that have the permission to See Punch Clock Of Others enabled, will need to activate the flag Punch Clock under Toolbox > Settings > Hourline. The Punch Clock times will show as Events in the Hourline on those Users who have the Punch Clock activated.
Printing a report Open the User Report through the Personnel
First select the time range for the report, then right click (PC) or Control click (Mac) on the Personnel icon and select User Report > Multiple Users. Next select the Users to report on.