Added new Toolbox Setting to "Attach Actuals To Active Budget" when creating a Booking.
It works based on the "Auto-Assignment Steps". If there is no Auto-Assignment Step set for the Object, it will not be attached and will be added to the Actuals pane at the bottom of the Budget window.
Only Actuals can be attached to a Budget Detail: an Actual being what you have configured in the "Budget Actuals View" in fw Server > Setup > Projects > Project Views > Actuals.
To start using this new setting go to: fw Client > Toolbox > Settings > Booking Defaults > "Attach Actuals To Active Budget".
It is a per-user setting and only available for users with "Can Edit Budget" enabled in their "Permission Profile".
These are the three possible values to select from:
- "No": This is the default value, the feature is not active for this user.
- "Yes": As an Object is booked on a Project, it will get automatically attached to the corresponding Budget Detail on the Active Budget, according to the Auto-Assignment Step. If there are multiple Active Budgets, a pop-up window will allow selecting one. This window only has an "OK" button - there is no "Cancel" button because at this point the Booking has already been created.
- "Ask": This has the same behaviour as the previous option, but the window will always pop-up displaying "Don't Allocate" as default option and below display all Active Budgets.
This functionality works when creating a Booking:
- in the Hourline and in the Long Form (in any of the usual ways: drag and drop on the Hourline, any Long Form tree or from Toolbox > Objects or Object Classes);
- by dragging one or multiple Objects to an existing Booking, in the Hourline and in the Long Form;
- by booking an Object Class and selecting to allocate a Member;
- by adding an Object through the Involved pane in the Edit Booking window.
NOTE: This functionality is NOT active when working in "Scheduling Mode".
It is also not applying to "Pre-Defined Services" that are applied to a booking when choosing a Booking Name. (but coming soon!)