1. Extend a Dispatch through the Dispatch Module
Go to the Dispatch Module, select the corresponding Dispatch and click on the Return Date. Select a new date and an hour when the equipment is supposed to come back. Automatically the Booking that is connected to this Dispatch will be extended. Same applies if you set an earlier Return Date.
2. Extend a Dispatch through modifying the Booking
If a Dispatch is connected to a Booking, you cannot modify the Booking Date or Time anyloner. However in some workflows it is necessary that the booker/operator changes the length of the Booking because the equipment is requested for more time. With a special User Permission it is possible for Operators to extend a Booking without needing to go to the Dispatch Module to extend it.
The User Permission can be granted through Object Manager > User > User profile > Edit > Dispatch Module > Allow Modifying Booking After It Is Dispatched.
To extend the Booking - highlight a day in the Long Form and use the option > Days > Add From Time Range. The selected days will be added. Change the time by using > Booking menu > Time > ...
If a Booking is dispatched:
You CAN: Edit Booking Name, Note, Invoice Note, Change the Global Status and Change the Booking Creator. On Involved Object Level you can: Edit Prices, Edit Notes on the Objects and Raise Purchase Orders.
You CANNOT: Time In/Out, Delete, Edit Object Class and Activity, Replace With Available Class Member, Delete, Time - Clear All, Move Start Date From Calendar or Force Set Class To, Change the Project
If a Booking is dispatched and you have the permission set: Allow Modifying Booking After It Is Dispatched
- Edit Booking Name, Note, Invoice Note
- Change the Global Status and Change the Booking Creator
- Set/ Add / Remove Days From Time Range. (A day has to be highlighted in the Long Form calendar or in the Hourline).
- To be used with caution: Be aware you could actually change start and end day or make a single day Booking out of a multiple day Booking.
- Change Time In/Time Out (set here the new time)
- On Involved Object Level you can: Edit Prices, Edit Notes on the Objects and Raise Purchase Orders.